Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Digital Blog Post A



The three concepts to reflect upon re: Chapter 1

1) The concept of the iGeneration of Technology users was very interesting to me. I never really thought about how technology affects even the youngest of learners. I thought I wouldn't have to know as much about technology because I want to teach Kindergarten or first grade. That is not the case at all, they have been around technology since they were born! I think my future students, even being the young ones they are, could end up teaching me about technology. I look forward to my future classroom being a good learning environment for not only my students, but for me as well.


2) I thought the TPACK was really interesting. I have never heard of this before this class. TPACK stands for the Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge. It refers to teachers bringing three different forms of knowledge together to produce exciting learning experiences for students. It combines content knowledge, pedagogical knowledge, and technological knowledge. I have observed in classroom where I have seen this happening. They incorporate the curriculum and technology and what the students already know and they make an awesome lesson out of it. I like how tey try and focus on both and not just focus on one part more than another.  I hope that I can one day take TPACK and use it in my future classroom like these teachers in this video.


 

3) Towards the end of the chapter, I saw these two bold words that stuck out to me. Those words were, digital identity.  I have never even thought about having a digital identity in my classroom. Right now, I feel like I have little to no digital identity. The textbook says "your digital identity as a teacher refers to your technology talents and competencies- what you know how to do instructionally and professionally with computers and other new interactive technologies." I know how to do just enough to get by. I am good at learning new things if I have good instructions. Like this blog for instance, I knew what a blog was before this class but I had no idea how to create one. Now look at me, I made one and I am writing in one! Making this blog makes me feel excited to see what else I will get to learn and create in this course!


Resources

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

B, E (2013, Jun 23). TPACK Example. Retrieved May 17, 2016 from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a90EvWfoLU

https://ministrywithchildren.com/tag/literacy/



No comments:

Post a Comment